Click these quick-links to find answers to commonly asked questions:

 How do I contact animal control about a nuisance animal?
 What are the dog leash laws in the Town of Albion?
 How do I obtain a license for my dog?
 My dog was given a rabies vaccination at a local free clinic.
     Where do I get proof of this?
 Who do I contact with questions about garbage collection?
 Where can I obtain a new green recycle bin for curbside collection?
 Where do I get a marriage license or learn more about getting married
     in New York State?
 How do I obtain a certified copy of a marriage license?
 I was born at Arnold Gregory Hospital. Where do I get a copy of my
     birth certificate?
 Can you help me with my genealogy search?
 Which Town of Albion Water District do I live in?
 Who maintains certain roads in the Town, and who do I contact
     when a snow plow knocks over my mailbox?
 Where do I get a New York State Star Exemption Application?
 Where do I learn more about hunting and fishing seasons, licenses,
     and regulations?
 When are the Town of Albion Board, Planning, and Zoning meetings held?
 Where can I view Board, Planning, and Zoning Meeting Minutes?
 How do I contact the Department of Motor Vehicles?
 How do I obtain a Disabled Parking Permit for my car?
 Where can I learn about specific codes for the Town of Albion?

Animal Control or Help With Troublesome Animals

Please call the Orleans County Dispatcher at (585) 589 - 5527 for animal control or nuisance animal issues within the Town of Albion.

Leash Law or Dog Restrictions

It is unlawful for dog owners within the Town of Albion to allow their dogs to:

  • Run at large unless the dog is restrained by an adequate leash, or accompanied by a responsible person able to control the dog by command.

  • Engage in habitual howling, barking, crying or whining or conduct itself in such a manner as to unreasonably and habitually disturb the comfort of persons other than the dog owner.

  • Uproot, dig, or otherwise damage vegetables, lawns, flowers, garden beds or other property not belonging to the dog owner.

Dog Licenses

You may obtain a dog license for dogs over 4 months of age from the Town Clerk at our Administrative Offices on Clarendon Road in Albion. Proof of current Rabies vaccination is required. Annual license fee is $10.00 for a spayed or neutered dog, and $20.00 for an unspayed or unneutered dog. A spay/neuter certificate may be required. Please contact the Town Clerk for more information.

Rabies Clinic Proof of Vaccinations

If your pet was vaccinated against Rabies at a local Free Rabies Clinic, please contact the Orleans County Health Department at (585) 589 - 3278, or click here to visit them on-line.

Refuse, Trash, or Garbage Collection

County-wide refuse and recycling is collected by Modern Disposal Waste Services. They can be contacted by calling (800) 662 - 0012, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday.

Recycle Bins

Green recycling bins may be purchased for $7 each from the County Real Property Office in Albion at Courthouse Square. Only if you have built a new home are you entitled to a free bin. Call (585) 589 - 5400 for more information.

Obtaining a Marriage Licenses

You may acquire any necessary forms from the Town Clerk at our Administrative Offices on Clarendon Road in Albion. For a complete, up-to-date listing of questions and answers about how to get married anywhere in New York State, please click here.

Copies of Marriage Records

You may obtain a certified copy of a marriage license issued in the Town of Albion from the Town Clerk at our Administrative Offices on Clarendon Road. Expect a ten dollar fee. For a thirty dollar fee, you may also obtain a copy from the New York State Department of Health by writing to:

Certification Unit
Vital Records Section
New York State Dept. of Health
P.O. Box 2602
Albany, NY 12220-2602

Copies of Records for Births at Arnold Gregory Hospital

Since Arnold Gregory Hospital lies within the Village limits of Albion, birth records are not available at the Town of Albion office. Please contact the Village of Albion Clerk at (585) 589 - 9176 for births occurring within the Village.

Helpful Genealogy Resources

  • Swan Library ~ (585) 589 - 4246, or click here to visit them on-line.
  • Orleans County GenWeb Page ~ click here to visit them on-line.
  • Please check what other available records the Town of Albion may be able to provide.

Water Districts

To view a map showing Town of Albion's numbered Water Districts, click here.

Road Maintenance and Responsibility

The Town of Albion encompasses Town, County, and State roads. For clarification about who maintains a particular stretch of road, click here. This map also includes contact information for all three responsible divisions. Please note that the Town of Albion plows both Town and County roads in the winter. If your mailbox was knocked over by a plow, and you live on a Town or County road, please contact the Town of Albion Highway Department.

Star Exemption Application

Click here to view and print a New York State Star Exemption Application in Adobe PDF format.

Hunting and Fishing Seasons, Licenses, and Regulations

Hunting, fishing, and trapping in New York State are regulated by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Orleans County is located in Region 8 of the DEC. You may call their office for more information at (585) 226 - 2466.
Click here to read more information about hunting in New York State.
Click here to read more information about freshwater fishing in New York State.

Town Meeting Dates & Times

All meetings are open to the public, and are held at the Town of Albion Administrative Offices, 3665 Clarendon Road. The Batavia Daily News is the official paper where all legals are published. Click here to view Meeting Dates & Times, or contact the Town Clerk for more information.

Meeting Minutes

Any available meeting minutes can be viewed here.

Department of Motor Vehicles

You may contact the Orleans County DMV by calling (585) 589 - 3214, or click here to visit them on-line.

Parking Permits for Persons with Disabilities

In order to obtain a New York State disabilities parking permit, your doctor must fill out an MV-664 (PDF available by clicking here). This form must be brought to the Town Clerk in the town where you reside, where you'll be required to present your Driver's License, or your non-drivers ID. Please note that a prescription from the Doctor will NOT be accepted in lieu of a completed MV-664.

Specific codes for the Town of Albion

The Town of Albion Codes are now available on-line. Please click here to view them.